Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Meet Elissa, founder of Love & Pieces – Online Jewelry Boutique

Elissa is the founder of one of the leading online jewelry store popularly called Love & Pieces. Love & Pieces offer top-notch fashion jewelry from over 25 different designers from around the world. Launched less than a year ago and have continued to grow rapidly. For Elissa, balancing family and business is difficult but extremely rewarding.

1. What motivated you to launch your jewelry online boutique, Love & Pieces?

My children both reached an age where they were old enough to go to school. I found myself with more free time and wanting to do something for myself. I have a background in fashion apparel management and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to build a business but still be able to spend time with my children.

2. Why did you specialize only in women and children jewelry?

I can relate to women’s and children’s jewelry personally. I know what looks good and I know what I like. If I were to include men’s it would be more difficult. Our store offers a 100% curated collection that I’m involved of every step with. Men’s jewelry is not something that I am comfortable curating and offering. Maybe things will change in the future but at this time it just doesn’t make sense for us.

3. What have you been doing to get your brand out there and drive more sales?

We have been really fortunate to grow really quickly. We are obviously active on all the social networks including instagram @loveandpiecesig. I think when you provide great service and push yourself each day you can make huge progress. It’s not an overnight success but making progress each day lets me continue to be able to grow.

4. What makes Love & Pieces standout amidst competition?

I think our curated collection is different than what other stores are offering. The larger online jewelry stores buy all of each designer’s season line. We are very careful to select only pieces that we believe in. People will buy from us knowing that it’s on trend and we have turned away far more than we actually carry on the site.

5. Love & Pieces currently source jewelry from over 25 different designers around the world, what are your criteria when selecting jewelry designers? Share your story.

We actually are highly selective. We like to mix it up and offer something for everyone. We turn away a ton of brands because we don’t think they are the right match for our customers. What’s more important for us is for people to like the jewelry we offer them. Whether the designer is big or small is less of a concern than the appeal the jewelry has.

6. What are your plans for Love & Pieces in 2015 and 3 years from now?

We are continuing to grow and are anticipating a great 2015. 3 years from now if we continue on this pace we will have quite a bit more people helping us with the operation. We like to keep a small feel but as we continue to grow we need more and more people. One thing we will never lose track of is our curated collection.


If you are looking for a gift or looking to treat yourself to something take a look at Love & Pieces which offers a full range of curated fashion jewelry online.